HiVE BC Vaccine Card Policy
Last updated: September 1, 2021
By order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination will be required to access some events, services and businesses. Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
Starting September 13, 2021, the HiVE will be requiring proof of one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, and proof of 2 doses starting October 24, 2021 for the following activities, events, and usage of the HiVE:
- All non-members visiting the HiVE for any tour, work activity or meeting, including those they self-organize (e.g., meeting room rentals)
- All HiVE members who participate in any event at the HiVE, ticketed or free, outside of their normal use of the HiVE as a workspace for themselves and their HiVE-membered team (e.g., concerts, parties, events etc.)
- All non-members who participate in any event at the HiVE, ticketed or free, whether organized by the HiVE, a HiVE member, or a non-member (i.e. concerts, parties, events etc.)
Please note: Vaccine Cards will not be mandatory to use the HiVE as an office space.
Important Things to Note:
- It is the responsibility of rental groups, as outlined above, to ensure that everyone attending their meeting or event is able to provide proof of vaccination. HiVE staff will ask to see your proof of vaccination and valid government ID upon entry, and entry will be denied without proper documentation.
- The HiVE will not provide refunds to groups without proper documentation.
- Not a member and want to take a virtual tour of the HiVE? Click here to watch our tour video.
The requirement is in place until January 31, 2022, subject to extension and the HiVE’s Vaccine Card Policy is subject to change without prior notice.
For more information regarding BC’s Vaccine Card, please visit:
If you have any questions, please contact HiVE Executive Director at anna[at]hivevancouver.com.
What Happens If We Have A Positive Case At The HiVE?
While it is important to us, and to you, to keep the HiVE open, our first priority is to keep our members and community safe. This includes wearing masks, keeping the HiVE clean, and implementing the BC Vaccine Card. All these things together will keep our members and community safe, and the HiVE open.
And remember to be kind, be calm, and be safe.
Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
~ The HiVE