HiVE Vaccination Policy
Last updated: November 17, 2021
Beginning December 28, 2021 we will require proof of full vaccination for anyone, medically able, using the HiVE. (i.e. Members who are not currently fully vaccinated, and wish to continue coming to the HiVE, have 6 weeks from now to get fully vaccinated). The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
This new vaccination policy includes:
- All existing and new staff roles, all existing and new members wishing to use the HiVE’s physical space, and all volunteers who will be volunteering on-site for the HiVE
- Anyone visiting the HiVE for a tour, work activity, or meeting, including those they self-organize (e.g. meeting room rentals)
- Any individual, members or non-members, visiting the HiVE for an event, ticketed or free, whether organized by the HiVE, a HiVE member, or a non-member (i.e. concerts, parties, events etc.)
- Anyone entering the HiVE during business hours who is not a member, staff member, or volunteer; this does not include delivery services (i.e. Canada Post, UPS, DHL, etc.)
Reminder of the HiVE’s existing vaccination policy (expiring December 28, 2021):
- All non-members visiting the HiVE for any tour, work activity or meeting, including those they self-organize (e.g., meeting room rentals)
- All HiVE members who participate in any event at the HiVE, ticketed or free, outside of their normal use of the HiVE as a workspace for themselves and their HiVE-membered team (e.g., concerts, parties, events etc.)
- All non-members who participate in any event at the HiVE, ticketed or free, whether organized by the HiVE, a HiVE member, or a non-member (i.e. concerts, parties, events etc.)
Important Things to Note:
- It is the responsibility of rental groups, as outlined above, to ensure that everyone attending their meeting or event is able to provide proof of vaccination. HiVE staff will ask to see your proof of vaccination and valid government ID upon entry, and entry will be denied without proper documentation.
- The HiVE will not provide refunds to groups without proper documentation.
- Not a member and want to take a virtual tour of the HiVE? Click here to watch our tour video.
Note: Mailbox members who only come to the HiVE to collect mail will not be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Valid exemptions to our policy will include the following:
- Written proof of a medical reason, provided by a physician or registered nurse that sets out: (i) a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (ii) the effective time period for the medical reason; Download the Medical Exemption Form here;
- Children under the age of 12; OR
- Those with a BC Human Rights Code exemption
Please contact Anna Whelan, at anna[at]hivevancouver.com, by December 10, 2021 if you have either of these exemptions.
Those who have any of these valid exemptions will be asked to provide a successful negative COVID-19 test upon entry of the building. Those who enter the building daily must provide a negative test twice weekly. The HiVE will not be providing testing. If you are an organization looking for COVID-19 rapid testing kits, please visit http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/rapid-covid-19-point-of-care-screening-program.
How to provide proof of vaccination :
- Complete this online form (https://shrl.ink/LWqz) by Friday, December 28, 2021. This form gives you two options to provide proof of vaccination:
- Upload a PDF of your vaccination card. Please note: after proof of vaccination has been provided, and staff have recorded it in our system, all documentation will be deleted; we will not save or store copies of vaccination cards in our system.
- Declare that you will provide proof of vaccination in person, or by Zoom, to a HiVE staff member by Friday, December 28, 2021. As this date may fall during a holiday closure of the HiVE, you will be allowed to show proof upon entry during the first week of January 2022.
- All guests entering the HiVE will be required to check in at the front desk and show proof of vaccination, accompanied by a piece of government issued ID, upon entry.
For those vaccinated in BC, this must be in the form of the official BC Vaccination Passport. For those vaccinated elsewhere, this can be in the form of your official vaccination documentation. This can be downloaded at any time at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof.
HiVE Staff will follow up with members who have not filled out the online form the week prior to the implementation, as a reminder to submit proof of vaccination.
Termination of Membership:
If you are not planning on getting vaccinated, we understand if you wish to terminate your membership. If so, please provide one month’s notice in writing to email@example.com, as stated in your membership agreement.
What Happens If We Have A Positive Case At The HiVE?
While it is important to us, and to you, to keep the HiVE open, our first priority is to keep our members and community safe. This includes wearing masks, keeping the HiVE clean, and implementing the BC Vaccine Card. All these things together will keep our members and community safe, and the HiVE open.
And remember to be kind, be calm, and be safe.
Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
~ The HiVE