We’re Hiring Event Animators!
Contract Position: Approximately 5-15 hours/month
Compensation: $20/hour and a HiVE 24 Hot Desk Membership
Start Date: As soon as possible
HiVE Event Animator Position:
HiVE event animators are an integral part of our community, and often the first interaction that potential members or partners have with the HiVE. In the past, Event Animators typically worked 2 – 4 events every month and should have availability during weekday evenings (starting at 5pm) and on weekends. However, due to COVID, the frequency of events may be different. Event Animators should also be available for staff meetings once every 1 – 2 months.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis, so apply asap if you’re interested by sending your resume and a mini cover letter (200 words or less) explaining why you want to be a part of the HiVE community to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Event Animator Application”.
About the HiVE:
The HiVE supports and amplifies the social impact sector by providing the social cohesion, human capital and resources that enable our members and partners to thrive.
We believe that in order to do this, Vancouver’s change-makers need to have a strong culture of collaboration along with access to support services. We’re making this happen by using the powerful tool of shared space to co-work, host events, deliver programming, and build community. We’re encouraging engagement and community by using shared space to combat isolation, create meaningful personal and professional connections, and to make our city just a little bit more affordable.
An entrepreneur, professional or creative individual with some free time on your hands, and a passion for social change! Not only do you have experience planning, coordinating and running events, but events are what you dream about at night! You also understand the HiVE’s model and are excited to help support our mission.
Role & Responsibilities:
During events at the HiVE, the Event Animator’s role is to act as the HiVE representative and touchpoint. Duties include:
- Assisting event organizers as point of contact for set-up, during the event, and clean-up
- Buzzing event attendees into the space
- Checking for proof of vaccination upon arrival
- Welcoming attendees into the HiVE and informally talking about the HiVE
- Formal HiVE intro (approx. 1 minute) at the start of events
- Setting up the projector and PA system when required
- Representing the HiVE, animating the event, and networking on our behalf
- Troubleshooting when necessary
- Ensuring that the space is returned to its proper state at the end of events
- Documenting any damage or clean up not completed
- Locking up the space after events
Please Note: In order to work as an Event Animator, you must be fully vaccinated and be able to show proof of vaccination and a piece of Government issued ID.