COVID-19 Safety Plan
Last updated: January 20, 2022
We have updated our COVID-19 health and safety plan to reflect the current PHO guidelines and restrictions, as well as leading practice from WorkSafe BC and BC Centre for Disease Control.
Actions We are Taking:
Proof of vaccination (2 doses) is required for anyone, medically able, using the HiVE. The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
Masks are mandatory in all workspace common areas, as per the advice of Dr. Bonnie Henry. Please ensure you are wearing a mask whenever you step away from your workstation.
Keeping up to date on PHO guidelines and restrictions by postponing regular HiVE gatherings such as Thirsty Thursdays, Music Jam Nights, and Member Movie Nights.
- Please continue to follow provincial health advice as per BC’s Restart Plan and BC Centre for Disease Control
- Employers are asked develop Safety Plans for your staff per WorkSafe BC
- Do not enter the HiVE if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms. We advise you to conduct a COVID-19 self-assessment and follow the guidance before returning.
- Before returning, acknowledge that you have read this COVID-19 Safety Plan in full and commit to doing your part to keep the HiVE safe!
What’s Expected Of You:
- Share the responsibility of keeping the space clean and safe for everyone:
- Disinfectant spray, paper towels are provided throughout the space
- Wash your hands before and after using high-touch surfaces
- Be mindful of your fellow HiVE colleague’s comfort levels and susceptibility to health risks and do your best to care for your peers and make each other feel safe:
- Wear a mask in common areas: entrance way, kitchen, lounges. You are required to wear a mask whenever you leave your desk space.
- Be mindful of your movement in the space.
Safety Protocols Implemented at the HiVE:
|Staffing & Reception||
What Happens If We Have A Positive Case At The HiVE?
- Please contact the Executive Director at anna[at]hivevancouver.com so we can reach out to the community and alert people who were in the space. We will respect your privacy.
- The HiVE will:
- Engage Public Health protocols
- Contact individuals that might have been exposed – members and visitors
- Do a deep clean and sanitization of the space